Cert-Manager is a popular Kubernetes addon that automates the management and issuance of TLS certificates. It is commonly used with EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service) to manage certificates for ingress resources. However, there are times when Cert-Manager conflicts with EKS, causing certificate issuance to fail. In this article, we will discuss the steps to fix Cert-Manager conflict with EKS.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Cert-Manager Conflict
- Resolving Cert-Manager Conflict with EKS
- Step-by-Step Guide to Fix Cert-Manager Conflict with EKS
- More Examples of Cert-Manager Conflict
Understanding the Cert-Manager Conflict:The Cert-Manager conflict with EKS occurs due to the use of multiple Ingress controllers. By default, EKS uses the AWS Load Balancer Controller for managing load balancers, while Cert-Manager uses the Nginx Ingress Controller for managing ingress resources. When both controllers are running, they may compete for resources, resulting in conflict.
Resolving Cert-Manager Conflict with EKS:To resolve the Cert-Manager conflict with EKS, we need to configure Cert-Manager to use the AWS Load Balancer Controller instead of the Nginx Ingress Controller. This can be achieved by setting the annotation
cert-manager.io/issuer-kind: ClusterIssueron the ClusterIssuer resource.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fix Cert-Manager Conflict with EKS:
- Open the Kubernetes manifest file for your ClusterIssuer resource.
- Add the following annotation to the ClusterIssuer resource:
- Save and apply the changes to the Kubernetes cluster.
Here is an example of the ClusterIssuer manifest file with the added annotation:
After applying the changes, Cert-Manager will use the AWS Load Balancer Controller instead of the Nginx Ingress Controller to manage ingress resources, resolving the conflict with EKS.
More Examples of Cert-Manager Conflict:
- In some cases, the conflict may occur due to the use of different versions of Cert-Manager and the AWS Load Balancer Controller. To resolve this, ensure that both addons are updated to their latest versions.
- The conflict may also occur due to misconfiguration of either Cert-Manager or the AWS Load Balancer Controller. Check the logs for any error messages and troubleshoot accordingly.
So, resolving the Cert-Manager conflict with EKS is crucial for ensuring smooth certificate issuance and management. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily fix the conflict and continue to use Cert-Manager with EKS.
Related Searches and Questions asked:
That's it for this post. Keep practicing and have fun. Leave your comments if any.
Post a Comment