This post will help you to get Best GIT Interview Questions & Answers to Crack GIT Interviews from the different sources, It will have all Scenario Based GIT Interview Questions for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Experienced Candidates.
GIT Interview Questions and Answers
List of GIT Interview Questions:
Answers of each GIT Interview Questions can be found here in the video along with explainations.
1. What is Git?
2. What do you understand by the term ‘Version Control System’?
3. What’s the difference between Git and GitHub?
4. What is a Git repository?
5. How can you initialize a repository in Git?
6. Name a few Git commands with their function.
7. What are the advantages of using Git?
8. What language is used in Git?
9. What is a commit message, and how is the commit command executed?
10. Name some of the popular Git hosting repositories.
11. Explain the git push command.
12. Explain the git pull command.
13. Difference between git fetch and git pull.
14. What is a merge conflict in Git?
15. How do you resolve a merge conflict?
16. What is the process to revert a commit that has already been pushed and made public?
17. How is a bare repository different from the standard way of initializing a Git repository?
18. What is Git stash?
19. What does the git reset –mixed and git merge –abort commands do?
20. How do you find a list of files that has been changed in a particular commit?
21. Explain the different points when a merge can enter a conflicted stage.
22. What is the difference between fork, branch, and clone?
23. What is the difference between git merge and git rebase?
24. What is the command used to fix a broken commit?
25. How is ‘git remote’ different from ‘git clone’?
26. What is git stash drop?
27. If you recover a deleted branch, what work is restored?
28. What’s the difference between reverting and resetting?
29. How can you discover if a branch has already been merged or not?
30. What is “git cherry-pick”?